- Basic Provisions
- Fundamental Rights and Freedoms
- Rights of Communities and Their Members
- Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo
- President of the Republic of Kosovo
- Government of the Republic of Kosovo
- Justice System
- Constitutional Court
- Economic Relations
- Local Government and Territorial Organization
- Security Sector
- Independent Institutions
- Final Provisions
- Transitional Provisions
Article 143 [Comprehensive Proposal for the Kosovo Status Settlement]
Notwithstanding any provision of this Constitution:
1. All authorities in the Republic of Kosovo shall abide by all of the Republic of Kosovos obligations under the Comprehensive Proposal for the Kosovo Status Settlement dated 26 March 2007. They shall take all necessary actions for their implementation.
2. The provisions of the Comprehensive Proposal for the Kosovo Status Settlement dated 26 March 2007 shall take precedence over all other legal provisions in Kosovo.
3. The Constitution, laws and other legal acts of the Republic of Kosovo shall be interpreted in compliance with the Comprehensive Proposal for the Kosovo Status Settlement dated 26 March 2007. If there are inconsistencies between the provisions of this Constitution, laws or other legal acts of the Republic of Kosovo and the provisions of the said Settlement, the latter shall prevail.
Article 144 [Amendments]
1. The Government, the President or one fourth (1/4) of the deputies of the Assembly of Kosovo as set forth in the Rules of Procedure of the Assembly may propose changes and amendments to this Constitution.
2. Any amendment shall require for its adoption the approval of two thirds (2/3) of all deputies of the Assembly including two thirds (2/3) of all deputies of the Assembly holding reserved or guaranteed seats for representatives of communities that are not in the majority in the Republic of Kosovo.
3. Amendments to this Constitution may be adopted by the Assembly only after the President of the Assembly of Kosovo has referred the proposed amendment to the Constitutional Court for a prior assessment that the proposed amendment does not diminish any of the rights and freedoms set forth in Chapter II of this Constitution.
4. Amendments to the Constitution enter into force immediately after their adoption in the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo.
Article 145 [Continuity of International Agreements and Applicable Legislation]
1. International agreements and other acts relating to international cooperation that are in effect on the day this Constitution enters into force will continue to be respected until such agreements or acts are renegotiated or withdrawn from in accordance with their terms or until they are superseded by new international agreements or acts covering the same subject areas and adopted pursuant to this Constitution.
2. Legislation applicable on the date of the entry into force of this Constitution shall continue to apply to the extent it is in conformity with this Constitution until repealed, superseded or amended in accordance with this Constitution.